Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Been to the dentist lately?

When was the last time you went to the dentist? Do you remember? Has it been at least four years? If so, I urge you to go right away. Find a dentist you can trust, one who is caring and sympathetic, one who won't torture you in the chair.

I have had a root canal and a crown which was done by a dentist at a certain clinic which I will not name here, and the crown has fallen out twice. Now, mind you, it's been a while since I've had a cleaning, but after the crown came out a second time I refused to go back to the dentist that put it in. I called my insurance provider for my dental coverage and they suggested I look at their website for providers. I found a dentist, went to have them do complete x-rays, and today I went in for a cleaning. Well, I was there 1.5 hours and the hygienist worked on my lower teeth only because they were so neglected (however, I didn't feel bad because she told me that it's very common for the lowers to get all the plaque).

Now, the only reason I'm telling you this is because you (and your teeth) will feel so much better when it's all over. My mouth might start to hurt a little bit later in the day and my gums might be a tad swollen, but that's nothing a little warm swish with saltwater won't cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment