Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Efforts of building a fire

In the woodstove, that is. It is chilly in the house, which I do believe I mentioned in an earlier post today. My husband is at work and the house is cold. I put some wood in the woodstove, along with a chunk of fire starter. I laid out the wood in a grid pattern so that hopefully once the fire gets going, it will latch on to all the pieces. I'm still cold. The only thing burning is the chunk of fire starter. I thought it would be marvelous if my husband came home to a warm house, but I think I've failed at fire starting once again.

Maybe I should join the Boy Scouts. Maybe I should look for a YouTube video. I did just add two more pieces of wood to hopefully catch the flames that the fire starter is making. There is enough wood in that box now to keep the upstairs warm... if it would only start. If I succeed, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment